Tuesday, November 25, 2014

El día de acción de gracias / Thanksgiving

During November one year, my students became the decorators for Thanksgiving.  I went to the district office, and for a really cheap price was able to die-cut lots of colorful leaves.  Then, making a trunk out of paper, I put it up on the wall.  When students came to class, I gave them each a leaf, and a requirement of how many items they needed to put on the leaf of what they were grateful for.

This was a good way of reviewing generally vocabulary, as well as looking the verb agradecer (to be thankful), and the fact that por (for) is always used with gracias (thanks).

I put the leaves up high enough where students could not reach them, and as I put them up I edited them for any inappropriate content.

Image taken from http://noticias.ufm.edu/index.php/MPC_celebr%C3%B3_el_D%C3%ADa_de_Acci%C3%B3n_de_Gracias

No comments:

Post a Comment