Thursday, June 14, 2012

Palabras en la pared / Words on the Wall

There were some words I taught my students at the beginning of the school year that I did not need them to have memorized, but that I wanted them to have to keep the communication in the classroom in Spanish.  I had these phrases in English and Spanish on a wall in the classroom.  Later on I had pictures associated with some of them that I kept on my wall.

¿Cómo se dice en inglés/español?  How do you say it in English/Spanish?   
(I taught ¿Qué quiere decir…?  What does…mean?  before, and they always got it confused with ¿Cómo se dice…?, so I would suggest that it is just easier to teach the one.)
Bienvenidos   Welcome
Gracias   Thank you
De nada   You’re welcome
   I know
No sé   I don’t know
Lo siento   I’m sorry
Por favor   Please
Tengo una pregunta   I have a question

(No) Estoy listo/a.   I am (not) ready.
¿Lo entrego?   Do I turn it in?
¿A qué hora termina la clase?   When does class end?

On a whiteboard I laminated signs that say: Español 1 (Spanish 1), Español 2 (Spanish 2), la agenda (Agenda), la tarea (homework), el objetivo (objective), Puedo (I can).  Each day I would then change the information so that students knew what would be happening.  Some students would look at the board before class began, but I would also go through and explain in Spanish what was written on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment